Published on November 28th, 2013 | by Alex Porter0
Turn 10 Responds To Fan Feedback Over Forza Motorsport 5
With the recent release of the Xbox One and Forza Motorsport 5, reactions to the game’s improved graphics and gameplay have been positive. Despite this however, many fans have been angered by the way in which the game seems designed to force players into paying money through microtransactions.
Players have voiced concerns over many changes that alone are subtle, but together have a bigger impact on the game. The main changes and points being raised are that players are no longer rewarded cars through leveling, manufacture affinity is gone making it harder for players to get car upgrades, free play no longer allows players to race in any car like previous titles, and the ecosystem built around buying and selling designs, tunes, etc. has gone. This has left many players, including myself, disappointed.
In response to this fan feedback, developer Turn 10 have decided to roll out a few temporary and permanent changes as well as rewards for players as a thank you for their support. The changes include:
- Between Friday 29th November and Sunday 1st December, all cars in the game will be discounted by 50% in both credits and tokens allowing players a chance to grab some cars at a much cheaper price.
- VIP members will receive the 2013 Lotus E21 grand prix car as a gift.
- Those VIP members who already have the Lotus will instead get the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO as a gift.
- Anyone who has purchased the LaFerrari Car Pack or Forza Motorsport 5 Car Pass will receive the 2013 LaFerrari as a gift.
- The Forza Rewards program will have a dramatic payout increase.
- And finally, anyone who purchased the Limited Edition will be allowed to get any one car of choice free.
While it’s good to see Turn 10 responding to fan feedback like this, it would be good to see a few more changes. Many of these features were removed despite being popular when they could have been tweaked instead. We’ll hopefully have our own review of Forza Motorsport 5 up soon but these changes are definitely a good start!