Published on August 30th, 2017 | by Scot Mackay0
Windjammers now available
Legendary flying disc game Windjammers now available on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita with online play for £11.99
The incurable fanboys at retro game developer and publisher DotEmu are totally hyped to announce that Windjammers, the most kickass Frisbee® game of all time, is now available on PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®Vita, with cross-buy and fierce new online play.
First released in 1994 and a fan favourite on the legendary NEOGEO, Windjammers is back for new generation consoles loaded with unashamedly nostalgic joy and figure-hugging spandex. The weirdly perfect fusion of Pong and Street Fighter, Windjammers now adds a feature-packed online mode, and all for the summer holiday-friendly price of £11.99.
- 5 game modes: Arcade, Infinite, Local Versus, Online Quick Match and Ranked Match
- Online Versus: for the first time ever, face players worldwide in ranked matches and compete in the top leagues
- 6 unique characters with their own special skills and super throws
- 6 playable environments, from sunny beach to crowded stadium
- 2 unlockable mini-games: Dog Distance & Bowling
- New HD menus
The new online ranked mode makes Windjammers more competitive than ever as you take the challenge to become the best jammer in town. Check your stats and leader boards online via the official game website, and prepare your virtual throwing arm for the real competition: October 14 and 15 will see the Windjammers Asia Championships hit SEA Major 2017 in Singapore, with the greatest pro gamers battling each other for the $6,500 cash prize and eternal glory!
Stay tuned for news of more upcoming online and live competitions all around the world, and get jamming!