Published on September 29th, 2017 | by Scot Mackay0
Nightmare Boy Release Date Announced
The first work from The Vanir Project, arrives on October 25th on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
The Vanir Project developers are actually putting the final touches on its first creation, Nightmare Boy, which will be available in digital format for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC (via Steam) from October 25th.
Join Billy, turned into the mysterious Rolok, and fight to wake up from your worst dream: a world of nightmare made up by your fears and the worst dreams from another ten kids, also trapped in that world.
Fight all kind of enemies, recover Billy’s original appearance and rescue the ten kids lost in their own nightmares; each one of them will give you new powers and will help you unveil different endings for the game.
Nightmare Boy mixes pixel art and cartoon visuals, has complex “Metroidvania” game mechanics, big environments full of secrets, enemies and final bosses. Also, it hides a dark story beneath the surface and the player will be the one unveiling it.
- Classic mechanics and playability that joins roaming, adventure and platforms.
- Upgradeable character after defeating each final boss: double and triple jump, different magic attacks…
- Graphic engine that mixes pixel art and cartoon characters, hand drawn, giving the game a 90’s arcade feeling.
- Saving system based on collected jewels in the game. The more you save, the more expensive it gets.
- Dark atmosphere, shady storyline; can you discover what lies beneath?