Published on July 31st, 2013 | by Alex Porter0
Guacamelee! Finally Coming To PC In Gold Edition Form
The acclaimed platformer Guacamelee! is finally getting it’s PC release. Developers Drinkbox Studios announced that the game would see releases across Playstation 3, Vita and PC. Since then, the game has launched on both the Playstation 3 and Vita back in April of this year and has had an excellent reception with reviewers and gamers giving it a Metacritic score of 84%. The announced PC version is almost upon us with the game becoming available on 8th August.
The game will be available via Steam as the Guacamelee! Gold Edition which will include a bunch of extra content. Also with the game being available on Steam, it will have compatibility with many of the platform’s features for those who like to hunt Achievements and collect Trading Cards.
The Guacamelee! Gold Edition will include:
- The full PC release of the game along with two DLC packs; The Costume Pack and The Devil’s Playground challenge level.
- Steam Trading Cards will be available for those who like to hunt them down in order to craft Steam Badges and increase their Steam Level.
- There is full Steamworks integration which will mean the game has complete compatibility with Steam Achievements, Leaderboards, Cloud Saving, and Steam’s Big Picture Mode.
- Fully re-mappable keyboard controls will allow gamers to set-up a control style that suits them.
- Players will be able to create custom costumes and share them with other gamers via the Steam Workshop.
As if this weren’t enough, any one who purchases the game in the first week of release will not only get 10% off of the price, they will also get a free code for Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!
Guacamelee! Gold Edition is set for a Steam release on 8th August for $14.99/£11.99/€13.99 depending on where you are in the world!